Veterans for New Americans is a national network of influential veterans representing each of the military branches who support a bipartisan solution on immigration.
Since our independence, immigrant service members have made tremendous contributions and sacrifices to our nation.
New American recruits greatly contribute to the racial, ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversity of our armed forces. In addition, immigrant service members provide much-needed talent and insights to accomplish our military missions throughout the world successfully. Full American citizenship for all immigrant service members will help our immigrant men and women in uniform secure leadership and growth opportunities during their years of service. Our nation deserves to have the best and brightest talent to staff the most technologically advanced military in the world and to ensure force readiness.
As veterans who believe this is the right thing to do for our national security, the future of our military, our veterans and our nation, we call for policies that:
- Ensure immigrants are included in our military force readiness plans to effectively meet any global or national security challenge.
- Support immigrant service members by providing an efficient pathway to citizenship as part of their service.
- Ensure new American veterans receive care for service-related conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health disorders, as well as support for reducing the risk of behaviors that may lead to deportation.
- Provide support for families of new American service members and veterans.
- Support transition initiatives for immigrant service members and veterans to the public and private workforce.